Friday, September 30, 2011

Call On Me

It was a moment when we received some devastating news. As soon as I could get alone, I cried out to God -- seeking his comfort and his wisdom.  I asked him to take this bad thing and somehow bring glory to His name through it.

Later that day, as I thumbed through the book of Psalms to find comfort, my eyes fell on these words: "Then call on me when you are in trouble, and I will rescue you, and you will give me glory." Psalm 50:15 (NLT).

It was then I realized it isn't only in resolving the problem that God receives glory. He received glory in this situation the very moment I called on him.  Yes, there is a promise to rescue, but the immediate comfort for me was knowing that in turning to God in my time of need He had already answered my prayer for His name to be glorified.

1 comment:

  1. Powerful stuff, Carol. Thanks for that perspective. I need to remember your message.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete