Wednesday, October 5, 2011

On change

 “I am the Lord, and I do not change." Malachi 3:6 (NLT)


God never changes. He doesn't need to. He is perfect just as He is.

God's immutability is one of the things I love best about Him. The same God who divided the sea for the Israelites to pass through, the same God who enabled little David to bring down big Goliath, is the same God who helps me through obstacles and bring down giants in my life.

And it is also wonderful that I am not immutable. Since I am not perfect I need to be able to change and to be changed. And I can. I can become a better person, a kinder friend, a more loving spouse. Herein is a gift of God to us. We are not the same yesterday, today and forever. Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment