When the children of Israel wandered for so long, God sustained them day by day. Daily there was enough nourishment-in the form of manna*-to get through that day. As I have wandered through the bewilder-ness of life, God has strengthened me by His word. Just enough for that day. This blog is a place to "pass the plate" and share the manna that has sustained my moments. And it's a place to add your insights so we can share the meal together. Bon Appetite. (*literally "what is it?")
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
To Let
Mark 4 What keeps the seeds of the Sower from taking root in my life? It seems we have an 'opt-out' clause: Colossians 3:16 "let the word of Christ richly dwell within [me]..." . "Let" sounds like I have a choice. To 'let' or to 'not let'? The word of Christ wants to dwell in me richly -- the Sower wants to plant his seeds -- and I can choose to let that happen, or I can choose to 'let' the soil of my heart stay hard. If I don't let the seeds of the Sower into my heart, I wonder whose word I do let dwell in me instead?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment