Sunday, July 25, 2010

Pockets of unbelief

Mark 4  The Sower has scattered his seed upon my heart. But sometimes the soil is rocky. I think of rocks as 'pockets of unbelief'. Even if the top soil is soft and receives the seed, rocks can get in the way of the seed's growth.  My faith may soften the soil so it accepts the seed readily, but as the roots start to dive below the surface they hit places of unbelief and the growth is stopped. Unlike hard soil, rocks are scattered. I may have deep faith about some things, so the word makes its way to my core being. But sometimes the word may 'hit a rock'. The solution is not to get rid of the problems that come my way, it is to dig up the rocks of unbelief so my faith can grow through those trials. “I do believe, but help me overcome my unbelief!” (Mark 9:24)

No comments:

Post a Comment