Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The waiting room

I sit down comfortably in the familiar chair for the daily appointment. The room is filled with many others I know well. We imagine what things will be like when our problem is solved, our burden lifted, our request fulfilled. We sit waiting quietly, expectantly, with full confidence in the one on whom we wait.

To my left is the prayer about the friend's son struggling with drug addiction, to the right the prayer for my daughter's job needs. I nod across the room at the long standing prayer for a loved one who has forgotten how much he is loved. And here I sit ready to present a few new prayers to join these and others, in the waiting room.

Listen to my voice in the morning, LORD. Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly. Psalm 5:3 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment