In Romans 8:28 we are told that God promises to work ALL things together for good for his children. Ever thought about the word ALL? That includes EVERYTHING. That excludes nothing. It covers this thing I am going through and that thing I went through and the thing I will face tomorrow.
ALL. whole. entire. full. complete. total. thorough.
ALL. No exceptions, exclusions or fine print. ALL.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I appreciate that Carol: "It covers this thing I am going through and that thing I went through and the thing I will face tomorrow." Everything.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the encouragement.
LT
I had that same realization about Philippians 4:13 a couple of years ago... I can do ALL things through Him who gives me strength. All - not some things, or the easy things, etc. But ALL things. And how? Only through Him, not by my own doing. :) Thanks, Carol - I love the perspective of applying that to the Romans verse also... I wonder how many others include that little word?? :)
ReplyDeleteSaw your son Saturday at the sequela (he led the music). He looks so much like you!
Traci, good thoughts about the Philippians verse. I don't know what the part of speech is called when it is an inclusive term like ALL, ALWAYS, EACH, EVERY or NEVER, NONE. But I use those as 'yield signs' when I read. Good to hover over them. In fact, they represent pretty stunning thoughts. Hmmm, I feel another blog coming on...
ReplyDelete