Sunday, May 8, 2011

Goodness and Mercy

As a sojourner in life, sometimes I turn around to review my trek thus far. Some of the things in my past are joyous and some are comforting. However, some are hurtful and some are shameful.

But when I look behind me, at my past, what comes into focus are the twin rear guards, Goodness and Mercy. They follow me into the future, they cover my past. God has placed them at the back of the procession of my life so when I turn around and look at the things I have experienced, I see them through the veil of His grace.

 "Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life..." Psalm 23:6

1 comment:

  1. Well, what's wrong with everyone? 0 comments.
    I love this and share it every time I talk to someone about the marvels of Psalm 23. Thanks for writing this up eloquently. (As Tom says, "That's why we pay you your high salary :<)"

    ReplyDelete