Sunday, August 12, 2012

From the inside out

God himself is in Jerusalem’s towers,  revealing himself as its defender. Psalm 48:3


Despite what I know to be true, I often think of God as being out there somewhere. Although I know better, I tend to act as though God is watching over me "at a distance." This mindset is particularly evident when I am feeling vulnerable and afraid. I cry out to God as though he is on a far away planet and I need to implore him to make the trip to enter my world and protect me from the things that press in from nearby.

But God is here. "God himself is IN Jerusalem's towers." God himself (not his emissary or underling, but he, himself) is in the place where his people live. He doesn't come from somewhere else to be there for me. He is in here. Inside my world, inside my life, inside me. And it is from the inside out that he defends and protects me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment